Friday, December 17, 2010

What About the Poop?

It was my mother who first suggested it to me. And I, like you most likely are, was a little wierded out by the idea. The first thing that pops to mind, I know, is what about the poop? Really, I know. I guess I can address that right now. It's not that gross. Not any "grosser" than changing a disposable diaper. Particularly when the baby only eats breastmilk, the poop is a lot thinner and waterier than you are probably envisioning. There is no extra work involving a poopy cloth diaper for the first six months or so. So yeah. No worries.

Anyway, I was sorta thinking that was an odd thought. But, both because she had some convincing arguments, and because I love my mother so incredibly much, I decided to check it out.

Picture, if you will, the scene in the old Willy Wonka movie where he opens the door into the room where everything is "eatable". Everything is bright, colorful, beautiful. This was my world when I walked into cloth diapering. I realized that it is an incredible thing. Here's some quick nutshell reasons:

*Comfortable
*Easy
*Affordable
*Environmentally Friendly
*Cute
*Healthy
I'm going to go ahead and post the link to my own article about cloth diapers here, just in case you feel the urge to learn slightly more in depth things about the system: http://hubpages.com/hub/Babies-of-the-Cloth-Cloth-Diapering-Who-What-When-How-and-Why
There are MANY resources online about cloth diapering, and places to go to get them. Some of my favorites are:
There are SO many more good ones, but these are off the top of my head. :-)
I LOVE cloth diapers and everything that goes with them!! Give 'em a try-- you'll be glad you did!!
Love, CLMW

2 comments: