Monday, January 17, 2011

My Foodie Husband

The other day Daniel made supper for us, and it was amazing!! I might hang up my apron, I tell you.

What he made was Braised Chicken Thighs with Garlic, Tomato Sauce, and White Wine. It was so yummy you wouldn't believe.

First, he seared the thighs in a cast iron skillet to get the skin crispy. Next he added tomato paste, garlic and white wine to the skillet and put it in the oven at a relatively high heat. 20 minutes later, we had AMAZING chicken!!

Thank you, Daniel!! =-D

2 comments:

  1. Thought you were going to say............."I tell you what!" Daddy would LOVE this! We might use chicken breasts instead though. You could serve this with rice too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we were thinking that this recipe could easily be adapted to all kinds of different ethnicities. Daniel said it was kinda French, and he would serve mashed potatoes with it. I said it could be Italian if you added some herbs, and you could serve it with pasta. OR you could add some peppers and onions and make it Mexican, and serve it with rice. Very versatile thing!! :-)

    ReplyDelete